It brings theatre and dance together to express sincere feelings, tell real stories, show touching characters and unbelievable dreams through original choreography. The work of the dance theatre is narrative and is focused on filling dance with meaning.
The Artistic Director and the dancers draw their inspiration from various dance styles such as classical ballet, contemporary dance, traditional folk dance, ballroom dances, various commercial styles, contact improvisation fusing them with physical theatre, musical theatre, dramatic theatre.
- To emphasize the connection between dance and theatre and create innovative work drawing from both.
- To explore the art of movement and find new ways of speaking to audience using body language. The language that can be understood by every member of Toronto's diverse community.
- To create new educational opportunities for dancers. Dancers working with Ismailova Theatre of Dance are broadening their knowledge of different dance styles, improving acting skills and trying themselves as singers and musical theatre artists.
- To involve young generation in dance and theatre arts.
- To create an opportunity for artistic education for youth with no access to classes and workshops.
- To build relationship between dance and other artistic disciplines by creating collaborative projects with musicians, singers and song writers.